10.4.13

Garden Progress

Hi everyone! I thought I would take this cold pre-snow storm morning to introduce myself. I'm Jamie, and I will planting the garden beside Dinah's studio @ Juxtaposition 99. I will also be selling some garden goodies, including plants, handmade hypertufa (cemennt mixture), and some unique garden accessories I've collected up and/or made.

I fought the ice and began removing the sod about a week ago. I brought my husband and kids to help this week. We are removing the grass one clump at a time, as the local rental place isn't willing to rent out the sod cutter just yet (too wet, they say). I hope to have some plants in just in time for the May sale. Still a long way to go, but I'm very excited!

Here's my beloved husband helping me out:


Husband kids hauling the removed grass to compost. We were resourceful, and used my husband's ice fishing sled.

My favorite way to be: dirt covered.

Home and the muddy boots come off right away.
 
If you would like to learn more about me I have a graden blog: I Love My Garden. You can also reach me via e-mail at jamiesierragardens@gmail.com. I'll be back later this week to share some pictures of the hypertufa I've been working on.
 
Happy gardening!

No comments: